Your personal data controller is Balcia Insurance SE, hereinafter referred to as Balcia, registered in Latvia with the registration number 40003159840, legal address K.Valdemara Street 63, Riga, LV-1142, Latvia.
- Poland through Balcia Polish branch, registration number KRS: 0000493693, NIP: 108 001 65 34, REGON: 147065333, address Al. Jerozolimskie 136, 02-305 Warszawa.
- France under the principle of Freedom of Services (FoS)
Phone: +33 (0) 1 75 33 40 89
- Germany through Balcia German branch, registration No. HRB 49268, address Senefelder Str.17, 63322 Rödermark.
Phone: +49 (0) 06074 91765 0
- Lithuania through Balcia Lithuanian branch, registration number 304498010, address Perkūnkiemio g. 5, LT-12129 Vilnius, Lithuania.
- United Kingdom through Balcia United Kingdom branch, 3B Westwood House, Greenwood Business Centre, Regent Road, Manchester, M5 4QH.
Phone: +44 (0) 161 848 9050
Fax: +44 (0) 161 872 8057
- Spain under the principle of Freedom of Services (FoS)
- Italy under the principle of Freedom of Services (FoS)
2. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
To contact Balcia’s data protection officer, please, send e-mail to email@example.com
3. PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Balcia may process your personal data when it is necessary for:
- the performance of an insurance contract, including claim handling process, to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, e.g., provision of insurance proposals, conclusion of insurance contract, registering premium payments, managing insurance claims etc.;
- claim handling process in cases, when you are not a party of an insurance contract, e.g., injured third party, insured person, beneficiary;
- compliance with a legal obligation to which Balcia is subject, e.g., compliance with the requirements of supervisory authority, law enforcement institutions, tax authorities etc.;
- the purposes of the legitimate interests of Balcia, e.g., legal proceedings, debt collection, provision of insurance services etc.;
- specific purposes you have given your consent to, e.g., for marketing purposes etc.
4. OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE WITH PERSONAL DATA AND POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUCH DATA
In accordance with insurance regulatory enactments:
- by entering into a contract, a policyholder or an insured person is obliged to provide with all information Balcia has requested and that is necessary for Balcia, in order to assess the probability of the occurrence of insurance risk and is important for entering into an insurance contract;
- in case of occurrence of the insurance risk, the insured person is obliged to submit to Balcia all documents describing the occurrence of the insurance risk, including documents containing sensitive personal data as well as other information requested by Balcia;
- Balcia is entitled to collect data concerning insured persons or beneficiaries of insurance contracts included in insurance contracts or declarations submitted by policyholders prior to conclusion of an insurance contract, for the purpose of insurance risk assessment or for the performance of an insurance contract;
- Balcia has an obligation to verify the occurrence of the insurance risk prior to the payment of the indemnity or refusal to pay the indemnity.
If you do not provide the information requested by Balcia:
- the insurance proposal cannot be provided and the insurance contract cannot be concluded, as Balcia is unable to assess the probability of the occurrence of the insurance risk or to calculate the payable insurance premium;
- insurance indemnity cannot be paid as Balcia is unable to verify the occurrence of the insurance risk or to assess the amount of the indemnity.
5. PERSONAL DATA RECIPIENTS
- In cases and to the extent specified by law your personal data might be transferred to persons or institutions duly authorized by law, e.g, supervisory authority, law enforcement institutions etc.
- In cases when it is necessary for the performance of the insurance contract, claim handling, debt collection, legal proceedings, e.g., to obtain information from state registries or other public or private institutions, to assess the possibility of insurance risk occurrence, the amount of payable insurance premium, to recover debts, your personal data might be transferred to third parties, such as medical institutions, claims managers, experts, lawyers, debt collectors, banks etc. in accordance with regulatory enactments and legitimate interests of Balcia.
- Balcia might use authorised processors for processing of your personal data related to provision of Balcia’s services, e.g., postal services, services of archiving, translators, legal consultants, claim handlers etc. In such cases, Balcia ensures that such processors provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in such manner that processing meets the requirements of the applicable law, including General Data Protection Regulation, and ensure the protection of the rights of the data subjects.
- In case of occurrence of the insured risk, in accordance with the Internal Regulations of the Council of Bureaux Balcia might transfer your personal data to Balcia’s Green Card correspondent or in accordance with the Fourth motor insurance directive to Balcia’s representative that is responsible for handling and settling claims in the name of Balcia in the country the insured risk has occurred.
- List of Balcia’s correspondents and representatives as well as the main claims managers is available here (the list of Balcia Representatives and Claim Handlers).
- Your personal data might be transferred to third countries (Russia, Belarus etc. outside the EU) in case of handling claims under Green Card system.
- If you have a travel insurance to Russia or Belarus, your personal data might be transferred to third countries (Russia, Belarus etc. outside the EU) in cases specified in Balcia’s General Terms Tourist Insurance No. 16C-PL, e.g., for the reimbursement of medical expenses, transportation of insured to the country of residence, repatriation of remains.
6. PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Your personal data will be processed only as long as it is necessary. The data-storing period may depend on the type of insurance contract concluded, on the legitimate interests of Balcia or on the applicable law (e.g., claim limitation period specified in insurance regulatory enactments, civil law, bookkeeping regulatory enactments etc.).
7. AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
Balcia processes personal data that might be subjected to automated decision-making, e.g., to evaluate the possibility of the insurance risk occurrence or assessing the amount of the payable premium and for Balcia to ensure the best and the most appropriate insurance proposals. You have the right to obtain human intervention on the part of Balcia, to express your point of view and to contest the outcome of any decision subject to automated decision-making.
8. YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- request from Balcia access to personal data;
- request from Balcia rectification or erasure of personal data;
- request from Balcia restriction of processing concerning your personal data;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- data portability (e.g., receive a copy of the data held by Balcia).
You can exercise your rights as a data subject by contacting Balcia in writing using contact information mentioned above.
9. COMPLAINTS TO SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes requirements of General Data Protection Regulation. The list of supervisory authorities in the countries where Balcia provides services is available here (the list of supervisory authority).